
Last weekend, Brett and I took a much needed Vacation. Our anniversary was 2 weekends ago (24th). So I got him tickets to a Broncos Vs. Dolphins Tickets. He has always loved the Dolphins, so he was way excited. My mom agreed to watch the boys all weekend. She is so amazing! (THANKS A TON MOM!) So we flew to Denver really early Friday morning and got settled in our hotel. Then we walked up and down 16th street mall. It is a mile long road that is for foot traffic only. There are tons of shopping and restaurants. We spent way more money than we should have. Mostly on me, too! Then we layed around on a hill at a park. We went back to our room , rested and then did it all again at dinner time. It was a great day and we walked like 5 miles having fun. It was Halloween so there were tons of people dressed up just doing the same thing, but they were walking the streets drunk, so they were hillarious to sit and watch. We people watched most of the time. You would not believe how many poeple were out dressed up with their friends.


Saturday we drove to Boulder and hiked to the top of Flat Iron peak. It was SO amazing! Boulder is beautiful with lot's of big trees. The fall colors we perfect. The hike was 12 miles total. I was in heaven! We saw people rock climbing and free climbing up these huge peaks. I was jealous that I didn't have my climbing gear. It was still just as neat to hike around the back side and then pop up on top. I can not explain how much I LOVE doing things like this. It clears your mind, relaxes you, gives you a sense of achievement when you reach the top, it's exercise, we got to talk for hours (just the two of us. No little voices saying...mommy!)


Sunday we had brunch in the hotel restaurant. Then drove to the redrock amplitheather. Another thing right up my alley. In the 1920's they built a HUGE amplitheather up in these red rock cliffs. The beatles and other popular bands played there. When we were there, there were just a ton of people running the stairs and a fitness class going on. It was so cool to watch. Brett and I had a competition who could get the furthest running up the steps. He beat me, but we made it about half way.

Then it was time for the game. I knew I was trying to get the best tickets I could for a decent price, but these tickets were awsome. We were on row eight on the Dolphins side. Brett was in heaven. He was like shaking because he was so into the game. We were in a section with quite a few Dolphins fans, and he became friends with all of them. They were high fiving each other and egging on the millions of Broncos fans that surrounded us. It was pretty funny. The dolphins won, so they made sure to rub it in their faces. I saw John Beck and Shawn Murphy up close and personal. They both went to my highschool. Shawn was one of our good friends. (By the way, he is HUGE now.) I was yelling to him, trying to say Hi. But it was so loud, he never heard me.


After the game, we went to the airport and flew home after they delayed our flight 2 times. IT was so great to get away with just the two of us. We had a blast! Of course I missed my little ones, but knew my mom was taking better care of them then I ever do.
4 comments:
oh you guys are the cutest! Glad you guys had fun!
How Fun! If anyone deserves a good vaca it is you two! Although I will say I am jealous! You know I think the Dolphins play the Redskins, maybe you should come out here for that game too!!!
You look soo pretty I love your hair. Sounds fun. Doesn't Shawn Murphy play for the Dolphins? I don't know.
JANA, you need to make comments on my blog I just decided! I just love you too much to not hear your thoughts on my life . . . hahahaha.
You and brett are cute. that picture of him on that rock doesn't look comfortable AT ALL! I am excited to take you pictures. I am taking Rebeccas today.
Post a Comment